Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sealer behaving badly...

While I try to avoid dealing with that rabicano for the moment I thought I would post a couple of really helpful links.  We've all had it happen (or you will at some point!).  We go to seal a horse and suddenly the horse turns a milky white.  Or we seal and suddenly there are white specks all over the horse.  Or maybe you've seen close ups of a horse that has a kinda, pitted look to the finish work (possibly orange peel).  Well here are a couple of sites that will tell you WHY that happens and how to avoid it.  

This one is specific to Testors products (e.g. Dullcote)

http://www.hubhobbyshop.com/hint12.htm

This one is not actually about sealers, but the causes for the condition still apply, at least in my experience.  Like humidity causing fogged sealer, etc.   And it has cool pictures to go with the description.

http://www.briansmodelcars.com/tutorials/tutorial/30


Well, I guess that was enough time to kill.  Back to that blasted rabicano.  Hopefully I'll have photos tomorrow so we can go over layering when roaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment