Friday, September 23, 2011

Rose Reiner, next segment!

Next installment. Ok, this is not translating quite right. Well, translation good, color wrong. That's what you get when you put Titanium white over a chestnut-y type color. picture blue (cool toned titanium) plus red = purple. This is kinda pinkish purple but you get my drift. But the effect is really friggin cool to me as far as the hair detail goes. This is with, oh, I don't know, 4 or 5 layers with a Kolinsky liner brush in varying shades of gray and light gray (with Titanium white as my base color for my mix). Tiny hairs. The next step will be to go in with acrylics and get my chestnut hairs back in there using some Coffee Brown, Nutmeg Brown and Burnt Sienna. Chestnut....not pink. But for now, here's where he stands....work has just been focused on his cheeks for now.



And then this is my attempt at 'skin' in the flank. Don't worry it's not going to look like this. This is just some gray 'skin' to apply acrylics on top off. In hindsight this would have probably been better done in gray pastels but this will do. It's just gonna look like crud until the next installment Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I love that color on his cheeks, I know it's not what the final will be but it's pretty cool!

    I have to say, I didn't look twice at this guy when he was released but the clothes you are putting on him has changed that. I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete